H&M inspired skirt, made by a beginner!
I really like this flower skirt from H&M. But it is expensive for me and not that comfortable because it is too short. So instead of spending 25€, since I learned how to sew, I decided to make my own. After some observation at H&M store, I bought some fabric I liked and started to sew sew and sew.
I didn't use so much measurements and I didn't use any pattern so I made many mistakes but I learned a lot! I am so loving this skirt right now!
Hope you like it too!
- amyakai added Very Easy High Waist Skirt to Skirts 24 Aug 02:47
- Jasmin F. favorited Very Easy High Waist Skirt 08 Aug 11:58
- Marina M. favorited Very Easy High Waist Skirt 09 Jan 18:23
- Traci M. favorited Very Easy High Waist Skirt 17 Mar 16:32
- Chrissie L. added Very Easy High Waist Skirt to Want to make 18 Jan 17:29
- bemeself added Very Easy High Waist Skirt to skirts 15 Jun 17:41
- Süreyya A. favorited Very Easy High Waist Skirt 22 May 11:16
- Nancy O. favorited Very Easy High Waist Skirt 22 Mar 06:10
- Georgette k. added Very Easy High Waist Skirt to Pending 19 Mar 05:11
- Phoenix M. favorited Very Easy High Waist Skirt 13 Mar 21:06
The fabric that I bought was too thin so I folded it. But this is not a necessary step, you may want to have something thin or you may have a thicker fabric that doesn't show inside. It is up to you.
I wanted to keep the length of the skirt 50 cm except the waist band. So I measured according to that. Then I measured my waist and according to this measurement, I folded the long side of the skirt.
Here I made my very first and biggest mistake. I folded it randomly but if you decide which fold is standing where on your body, the skirt won't look weird so be careful!
I measured the waist band, 6 cm longer than my waist.
(I decided 6 cm because my button was big but this step is up to you. If you do not want to use buttons, if you want to use only zipper, you do not need to make it longer)
I wanted it to be 6 cm wide, so I cut 12x waist lenght piece and I sewed it. Turned the piece inside out. Sewed the endings.
I sewed the button and the zipper to their places.
Here I sewed the skirt first, then I sewed the zipper on the piece that I left unsewn. It was a mistake I guess because it caused some bulge at the end of the zipper. Then I fized it somehow.
I made a hole in the other side of the waistband, It is not shown on the picture. I kept is as big as the diameter of the button.