Spicy quinoa, buckwheat, and corn in crispy shells with all the fixins.
One of the first recipes I made as a vegetarian was a buckwheat and corn casserole. It was bland and I had a lot of leftovers. So, I seasoned the leftovers with taco spices, served them in shells with lettuce, salsa, etc. This recipe has been my family's favorite taco recipe ever since.
- Miss_Fit favorited Vegetarian Three Grain Crispy Tacos 23 Feb 03:24
- Pimke added Vegetarian Three Grain Crispy Tacos to Essen 27 Jan 08:55
- SilverSnake S. favorited Vegetarian Three Grain Crispy Tacos 02 Jan 18:28
- KelliDroze added Vegetarian Three Grain Crispy Tacos to Food 30 Dec 06:48
- claire @ chez cayenne published her project Vegetarian Three Grain Crispy Tacos 19 Nov 22:14
In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine quinoa, buckwheat and 1-1/2 cups water. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes. When the water is absorbed, uncover and stir in corn, taco seasoning, and 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium heat, carefully stirring, until water is absorbed, 3 or 4 minutes.
Crisp taco shells according to package instructions. Serve with grated cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or whatever you like on your tacos.