A delicious, heart healthy soup.
Bean soups in general are healthier for you and this version is no exception which is high in fiber, iron and vitamins C and B6. Beans also tend to fill you up more and keep you satisfied longer.
- Jasinta M. added Vegetarian Black Bean Soup to Veggie 18 Jun 18:24
- Chudames favorited Vegetarian Black Bean Soup 12 Jun 22:49
- Angel C. favorited Vegetarian Black Bean Soup 06 May 19:29
- KelliDroze added Vegetarian Black Bean Soup to Food 22 Apr 13:47
- Abnormal Abby added Vegetarian Black Bean Soup to Recipes 19 Apr 20:48
- SugarNSpiceLily added Vegetarian Black Bean Soup to soup 19 Apr 05:47
- CarriesExpKtchn published her project Vegetarian Black Bean Soup 03 Mar 15:27
Heat oil over medium heat in medium sized saucepan; then add the peppers, onions, celery and garlic.
Saute 2-3 minutes until vegetables start to soften; then add the vegetable broth, chili powder and black beans.
Bring to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Turn off the heat and use an immersion blender to blend all of the ingredients together until smooth. (If you do not have an immersion blender, pour the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.)