A veganized version of the spinach alfredo pizza
I made this for some friends. They said that it would be better with more of the daiya mozzarella shreds sprinkled on top of everything. For next time, I plan to add artichokes.
For the sauce, my friend Curt and I adapted an alfredo recipe from "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch".
- Melissa Beth added Vegan White Pizza Recipe to Foodening 20 Jan 21:20
- Melissa Beth favorited Vegan White Pizza Recipe 15 Jan 05:19
- gabriella.richbourg added Vegan White Pizza Recipe to go vegan! 11 Dec 08:01
- gabriella.richbourg favorited Vegan White Pizza Recipe 11 Dec 07:57
- Shantelle t. added Vegan White Pizza Recipe to food!! 02 Oct 01:26
- KelliDroze added Vegan White Pizza Recipe to Food 09 Mar 22:49
- Mimi A. favorited Vegan White Pizza Recipe 12 Jan 13:31
- SabrinaPanKakes favorited Vegan White Pizza Recipe 18 Sep 07:43
- Nic R. entered her project Vegan White Pizza Recipe to Go Vegan 2011 Contest 14 Dec 01:38
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Create a well in the center and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the water to the well and mix well. Leave it alone until your done with the sauce. (I have made this recipe using half wheat/half white and it's good for those less health conscious. Also, dried herbs like rosemary make wonderful additions)
Cook the chikn. I use Morningstar Farms chikn meal starters. You can use a microwave, cook it with some oil on the stove top, but I prefer tossing the chikn with olive oil and cooking it in a toaster oven.
Put the coconut oil in a skillet (or sauce pan) and heat on medium. When it turns clear, add in nutritional yeast, and daiya mozzarella (you can use other fake cheeses, this is my favorite). Whisk til melted. Then slowly whisk in the creamer, I use an unsweetened cashew creamer, but soy creamer works just as well. With the creamer and the nutritional yeast, I like to keep adding til I get the consistency I want. If you want a thinner sauce, use less creamer. Add in spinach and keep stirring. It will cook down into the sauce.
Knead the dough, then spread it out on a pizza pan or cookie sheet. Brush a thin coat of olive oil on the top of the crust.
Spread alfredo sauce over crust. If there's any left over, enjoy it on some pasta!
Slice the tomato. Add the chikn and tomato slices to the pizza and bake for about 20-25 min. Then, enjoy :)