A healthy, vegan twist on the classic sloppy joe sandwich!
Try out this vegan twist on the classic sloppy joe sandwich. If you aren't familiar with tempeh, it's a vegetarian protein made from fermented soybeans that have been pressed into a patty. I find it makes a great substitute for ground beef!
- Kate A. favorited Vegan Tempeh Sloppy Joes 09 Jan 05:32
- Kate A. favorited Vegan Tempeh Sloppy Joes 27 Sep 01:43
- Jenn favorited Vegan Tempeh Sloppy Joes 22 Jun 01:56
- Pimke added Vegan Tempeh Sloppy Joes to Essen 21 Jan 10:39
- KelliDroze added Vegan Tempeh Sloppy Joes to Food 29 Sep 00:18
- Deborah D. published her project Vegan Tempeh Sloppy Joes 28 May 00:31
You Will Need
Heat canola oil in a large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the tempeh and saute until lightly browned.
Stir in the ketchup, tomato paste, green chile, and vegetable broth. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chili powder, paprika, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken and ingredients are heated through.
Serve over a toasted bun with a side of chips or sweet potato fries.