Yummy comfort food without the dairy!
- VeganSprinkles added Vegan Quiche to Vegan Easter 25 Feb 04:02
- anita.n.g added Vegan Quiche to Vegan/veggie munch 28 May 21:27
- Jenn M. favorited Vegan Quiche 23 Jan 18:36
- abigail.ponchillia favorited Vegan Quiche 17 Jan 22:10
- Shantelle t. added Vegan Quiche to food!! 08 Dec 13:52
- infAMY favorited Vegan Quiche 23 Jul 23:12
- Grimgirl101 favorited Vegan Quiche 20 Jun 21:55
- Djamilah W. favorited Vegan Quiche 04 Jun 15:59
- KelliDroze added Vegan Quiche to Food 19 May 05:53
- ZanyDays favorited Vegan Quiche 18 May 14:37
1. Prepare the Dairy-Free Pie Dough according to the instructions, plate in a lightly oiled 9" tart or pie pan, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before filling with the quiche filling and baking.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Raised to 375 when put in oven set for 45 min
3. Meanwhile, make the filling. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 T. of the olive oil, adding the onions once hot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly caramelized, about 6-8 minutes. Add the remaining olive oil, garlic, vegan bacon, 1/2 t. salt and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic smells fragrant, about 4-5 minutes more. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Set aside.
4. In a steam basket set over boiling water, steam the broccoli for 3-5 minutes, or until bright green and lightly crisp. Toss with the onion-vegan bacon mixture and set aside.
5. In the bowl of a food processor, process the tofu, lemon juice, tahini, rice vinegar, and remaining 1/2 t. salt until smooth. Fold in the broccoli-onion mixture, stirring until evenly mixed. Using your hands, crumble 1 cup Vegan Cheese evenly into the bottom of the pie crust, mix approx 1/2 cup with filling,sprinkle rest on top. Pour the filling on top of the Vegan Cheese in the prepared pie crust and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Serve hot.