Vegan Creamy Mushroom & Spinach Pasta Bake
Throw this delicious vegan creamy mushroom & spinach pasta together in under an hour! You can even prepare it the day before and bake it when you're ready to serve. It easily feeds up to 6 people, but it's so good that you may not have leftovers!
- 2021-03-25-200900-Photo+Aug+16_+6+21+45+PM.jpg 2.4 MB [ Download ]
You Will Need
- 1 box (16 oz) pasta shells
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups raw spinach
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 4 oz dairy-free cream cheese
- 6 oz dairy-free shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- dairy-free Parmesan for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta al dente according to directions on the box.
COOK THE VEGGIES:
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, cook the chopped mushrooms & onion in the olive oil.
- When onions are translucent, add the diced garlic and cook 1-2 min until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and cook until it's wilted.
- Add the milk and cream cheese, and stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove the pot from heat, add in the mozzarella, oregano, salt & pepper (the mozz doesn’t have to melt all the way).
- The pasta should be done cooking by now. Add the veggie/cheese mixture to drained pasta and stir gently to combine.
- Transfer to your greased 9x13 baking dish. Adding a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top is optional.
- Bake 10-15 min or until top begins to brown slightly.
- Dish up individual portions and top with vegan parm!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- This is a great family-friendly meal! It's easy and quick to put together. You can make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until it's ready to bake. Make sure to bake ~20-25 minutes since the pasta will be cold when it goes in the oven, so you want to heat it all the way through.
- Double the spinach for more nutrients.
- You can experiment with the cheese! I've done half-mozzarella, half-gouda and it works really well (both from the Follow Your Heart brand).
- Servings: ~6 people
- Calories: 502
- Total Fat: 19.3g
- Carbs: 71.2g
- Protein: 13.7g