Makes 10 to 12 3-inch pops
- Alice R. favorited Vanilla Lollipops 13 Jul 23:31
- Birgit added Vanilla Lollipops to Dessert 06 Apr 15:52
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Vanilla Lollipops 01 Feb 18:18
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Vanilla Lollipops to foods 26 Jan 00:25
- KelliDroze added Vanilla Lollipops to Sweet 07 Jan 23:09
- Sam A. added Vanilla Lollipops to dessert 02 Jan 23:18
- BlauPiepmatz favorited Vanilla Lollipops 24 Dec 05:20
- Victorian Dreamer favorited Vanilla Lollipops 22 Dec 07:58
- KelliDroze added Vanilla Lollipops to Food 18 Dec 19:12
- sam.apel.9 added Vanilla Lollipops to Food 11 Dec 05:02
Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Set 5 to 6 lollipop sticks on each sheet, leaving plenty of space between them. Coat a large, heatproof spouted measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together cream and vanilla bean paste. In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, ½ cup water, corn syrup, salt, and cream of tartar. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pan. Boil mixture until the temperature reaches about 295 degree Fahrenheit: immediately remove from heat and let temperature continue to rise to 300 degree Fahrenheit (this will happen fairly quickly). Carefully add cream mixture and whisk vigorously until smooth. Scrape syrup into prepared measuring cup.
Working quickly and carefully, pour a round puddle of syrup, about 3 inches in diameter, over the top third of each lollipop stick. Pour syrup into a steady stream, moving the cup around in a circular motion as necessary to form as neat a circle as possible (it will probably take you a couple of pops to get the hang of it).