Quick, easy and delicious frosting
For my son's 20th birthday he wanted a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and minimal decorations and something more "grown up" than past birthday cakes, so I decided to make him an Edsel logo as
he and his father own a 1959 Edsel Villager
I used a boxed cake mix, but went in search on the internet for a buttercream frosting recipe, as I had never made it before and found this super easy and delicious recipe on Food.com for Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
I used canned decoration frosting to look like the emblem on the front of the car and instead of writing out EDSEL I just used the letter "E". As the canned frosting did not come out consistently it; there would be nothing and then it would glob out, resulting in less than professional looking results but tasted great and my son loved it.
If I had it to do over, I would use red licorice strands for the logo and lines and just used decoration frosting around the edges.
- this one laydi commented on Vanilla Buttercream Frosting 22 Feb 02:07
- Shantelle t. added Vanilla Buttercream Frosting to food!! 08 Dec 07:08
- AndiSam favorited Vanilla Buttercream Frosting 15 Aug 23:14
- Syeyon K. commented on Vanilla Buttercream Frosting 12 Aug 11:42
- Syeyon K. favorited Vanilla Buttercream Frosting 12 Aug 11:41
- KelliDroze added Vanilla Buttercream Frosting to Sweet 12 Aug 06:21
- karmy_2683 favorited Vanilla Buttercream Frosting 12 Aug 00:55