Sugar Cookies are fun to create in any shape or size. Perfect for holidays, parties, and wedding favors. They can be covered in royal icing, fondant,or glaze. The decorating on these delicious sugar cookies are endless.
- Sabrina Dee Berry favorited Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe 04 Dec 04:33
- Phoenix M. favorited Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe 20 Aug 20:50
- carol & co. favorited Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe 18 Aug 02:13
- somnambuchatter added Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe to baking 11 Aug 18:04
- somnambuchatter favorited Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe 11 Aug 18:04
- somnambuchatter replied to a comment on Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe 11 Aug 15:03
- somnambuchatter commented on Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe 11 Aug 15:03
- Bobbie N. replied to a comment on her project Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe 11 Aug 13:59
- somnambuchatter commented on Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe 11 Aug 10:21
- Alissa B. favorited Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe 09 Aug 07:23
Prepare mise en place, sift together flour, salt and set aside. Line four baking sheets with either a silpat or parchment paper.
Cream together the butter, sugar, and seeds from vanilla bean with a standing mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat until just becoming creamy in texture. Whisk the egg and extract together, and add to butter mixture.
(Don’t over mix otherwise you’ll incorporate too much air and the cookies will spread during baking, losing their shape.) Scrape down the sides of the bowl and paddle attachment. Sift the flour into the bowl of the standing mixer and mix on low until dough just begins to form and come together.
Knead on cool floured workspace, such as a marble board or counter top, bring the dough together, form a well in the center, and add the milk. Knead to amalgamate.
Place the dough into a zip lock bag. Roll the dough into a disk, place in the refrigerator for 35 to 40 minutes.
Roll the out the dough about 6.35 mm/ 1/4-inch think. Dip the cookie cutters in some reserved flour, and cut out the shapes.
Place on prepared cookie sheets and refrigerate for 30 more minutes.
Preheat oven to 165 degrees C/ 325 degrees F, bake the cookies for about 5 to 6 minutes.
The cookies should look light golden color.
Cool on cookies sheet for 5 minutes transfer to baking sheet , and allow to completely cool.