Valentines day Roses
I decided to make some roses for my boyfriend as a bit of a joke and as usual got a bit carried away. So these are roses made from cadbury's roses. For the petals I used florists vinyls but you can use whatever you want so long as it is the same colour on both sides (or not) as the colours will be reversed as you fold the ribbon into a flower. I used straws as sems and actually found them a bit floppy so put a bbq skewer in the center to make them a bit more rigid. Please excuse the rather rubbish video, not used to this camera yet xx
- Summer O. favorited Valentines Day Roses Made Of Errrr... Roses 16 Jul 01:42
- natashua.vanaswegen favorited Valentines Day Roses Made Of Errrr... Roses 17 Feb 06:55
- SugarNSpiceLily added Valentines Day Roses Made Of Errrr... Roses to misc. baking goodies 15 Feb 04:25
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Valentines Day Roses Made Of Errrr... Roses to Gift ideas 10 Feb 18:54
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Valentines Day Roses Made Of Errrr... Roses to To-make 10 Feb 18:54
- Nicola H. published her project Valentines Day Roses Made Of Errrr... Roses 09 Feb 01:20
Gather together clusters of cadburys roses and tape the ends together so that they are firm. Cut the top of a drinking straw and slot the cluster inside. Bind with more tape. Add a bbq skewer to the centre of the straw to make it more rigid.
Fiddly bit. Gather strips of paper or ribbon or in this case florist vinyl. fold on a 90 degree angle to create a triangle keep doing this to form the right angles of a square with a gap in the middle (this is a way better tutorial on how to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw56TnrUpn0) once all the ribbon has been folded, push the ribbon through the centre of the square. I like to insert the stem of the rose also at this point then twist the centre of the rose so the ribbon form a spiral. bid the base of the rose with more tape.