Reversible Knit Valentine Heart Rings
Here's a little quick double knit project for fun - reversible heart rings!
With just a smidgen of yarn, and a few stitches you can knock these babies out in no time, great for a little Valentine's Day exchange. A little more info on how the technique of double knitting works can be found in the beginning of this post. http://www.pieknits.com/blog/2007/06/tutorial_double_knit_button_ba.html
Or if your heart is feeling a little more black, work up in black and a light color and show of your dark heart.
Small (Regular) [approx ring sizes 4 (6)]
Crochet Cotton Size 10 or something similar weight; 2 contrasting colors. Needles: US Size 0 (2mm) or smaller (samples worked on 0000). Notions: Sewing needle.
10 sts = 1" in Double Knit Stockinette Stitch.
- Kimya J. favorited Valentine Heart Rings 29 Oct 21:56
- lucilapereira added Valentine Heart Rings to joyas 16 Jan 12:12
- lucilapereira favorited Valentine Heart Rings 16 Jan 12:12
- gloomy-smiles favorited Valentine Heart Rings 06 Oct 08:51
- Jessie D. added Valentine Heart Rings to To Do Yarn Crafts 19 Nov 05:10
- Jennifer T. entered her project Valentine Heart Rings to Image3D 10 Jun 15:16
- Natalie H. favorited Valentine Heart Rings 04 Apr 18:05
- Jennifer T. entered her project Valentine Heart Rings to All You Knit Is Love 16 Feb 17:57
- Jennifer T. entered her project Valentine Heart Rings to The Ticket Kitchen 03 Feb 16:19
- Jennifer T. entered her project Valentine Heart Rings to Paradise Fibers Knitting Contest 13 Jul 14:29
With both yarns held together, create a slip knot and place it on the needle. Using the working strand of each color, hold yarn in usual manner for long-tail cast on. CO 17 (20) sts (NOT including the slip knot) starting with 1 regular cast on, then one Purl or Reverse Long Tail cast-on, alternating between the two. Tutorial for the Purl Long Tail Cast-On can be found here.
Slide slip knot off the needle. [Alternate CO: Braided Cast-On].
Note: At the beginning of each row, take the working strand of the 2nd color on the needle and twist it under and over the other strand. This will neatly join the edges.
Turn work, designate the first color on the needle as MC (Main Color) and second color as CC (Contrast Color).
Row 1: *With both colors held in back, k1 in MC, bring both strands to front, p1 in CC; rep from *.
Row 2: *With both colors held in back, k1 in CC, bring both strands to front, p1 in MC; rep from *.
While continuing to repeat Rows 1-2, work 16 sts [8 pairs] (20 sts [10 pairs]) and then start working chart. On the chart each square represents two sts. For the RS, the st on the near side fabric, knit in the color shown, and then p the corresponding st in the color not show. For the WS do the reverse.
After completing the chart repeat Rows 1-2 once. BO row: With both colors held in back, k1 in MC, *bring both strands to front, p1 in CC, slip first st on right needle over other two sts and off the needle, bring both strands to back, k1 in MC, slip first st on right needle over other two sts and off the needle; rep from *.