Create your very own abstract masterpiece!
Using liquid acyrlics (the ones they tend to sell at the dollar store) and Pouring Medium, you can create your very own abstract painting.
Follow the steps below and decide whether you want to leave your painting abstract or turn it into something else! In my case, I turned it into a music cloud coming from a vintage record player.
Use your imagination, the sky is the limit!
- Zackary W. replied to a comment on Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics 23 Dec 12:00
- Barbara M. favorited Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics 04 Jun 19:19
- mmotse03 favorited Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics 22 Feb 12:44
- Carol m. commented on Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics 08 Jan 15:37
- Upadhyay M. commented on Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics 07 Aug 09:57
- Stephanie M. favorited Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics 17 Sep 21:23
- Stephanie M. added Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics to ACRYLIC 17 Sep 21:23
- Stephanie M. added Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics to ABSTRACT 17 Sep 21:22
- julietierney14 added Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics to DIY Canvas Art 06 Feb 23:29
- Donia G. favorited Using Pouring Medium With Acrylics 02 Feb 00:59
Carefully pour your Pouring Medium over your canvas. Start of with a small amount as you can always add more.
Using your liquid acrylics, begin to pour or drip the color into the Pouring Medium already on your canvas.
Using a paintbrush, toothpick or any other pointed object begin to mix the acrylics into the Pouring Medium.
Get creative! Flick paint at the canvas, pick it up and tilt it side to side or even swirl the paint together.
Be careful of overmixing. If you find the paint is beginning to mix into the other colors just add more Pouring Medium to find the right balance. The idea is to have the colors swirl together and be side by side but without the colors actually mixing together.
Take a step back and decide whether you want to leave it as an abstract or turn it into something else! Use your imagination, do any shapes or images jump out at you?
Once you are happy with your painting make sure to let it dry for at least 24 hours to let everything settle. Try not to get any of the Pouring Medium on your hands as it has the same effect as glue and make sure to wash your paintbrushes well!