Make an old tyre in to a handy piece of outdoor or indoor furnishing
This was a project I did for my final piece as part of my A-Level.
Here is how you can make a simplified version:
Taking an ordinary car tire, take out the hubcap and make sequenced holes around the top of the tire going all the way through the rubber membrane. Using string, thread through these holes in a random pattern multiple times, pulling the string as taut as you can until you've created a net that's tight enough to provide comfortable seating.
The best thing about this design is that you can stack old Tyre's to the height you want and simply put the decorated tyre on top.
It's quite difficult to thread but you could jazz it up by adding different coloured strings.
- cornelia.featherstone favorited Upcycled Tyres 08 Jun 14:33
- Kay Bay entered her project Upcycled Tyres to Mixbook 06 Jul 17:05
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Upcycled Tyres 06 Jan 08:50
- Kay Bay entered her project Upcycled Tyres to Bug Bingo & DIY Board Games 05 Jan 19:44
- Jessi D. added Upcycled Tyres to Home and Garden 23 Dec 00:23
- tiffanywaugh488 favorited Upcycled Tyres 01 Jul 21:35
- Jenna C. added Upcycled Tyres to Home 30 Jun 23:41
- Kay B. entered her project Upcycled Tyres to UncommonGoods 09 Jun 14:17
- daisiescan favorited Upcycled Tyres 27 Apr 23:43
- Amber F. added Upcycled Tyres to try outs 02 Feb 13:56
Kay Bay posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!