Made from recycled and scrap odds and ends.
I had a small clutch with way more pyramid studs on its strap than strictly necessary. I've been wanting to do something with the excess.
An idea finally occurred to me, then I was able to put together my idea in my mind with materials I already had. The strap came from a cruddy old purse, the spikes and jump rings came from an earring, and the Velcro was left over from another choker project.
It's really easy to make. Here's how:
Cut the strap (an old thin belt would also work well) to the right length for your neck. Place the studs where you want them and push them in, slipping a jump ring with a spike on it under the bottom prong of the stud before you fasten it down. You can put one stud on the end of the collar that will show at the back. Then glue some Velcro to the inside of one end and the outside of the other with a strong glue (I used E3000). (Put the soft side of the Velcro on the inside of the collar so that it won't be uncomfortable if it touches your skin.) Glue or stitch the cut ends of the strap so the seams won't come open.
Note: Project time is only construction time, it doesn't include the time necessary for a strong glue to dry.
- Alternativelychiic added Upcycled Punk Collar to Blackpink Lisa Style 06 Jul 02:27
- Jem L. favorited Upcycled Punk Collar 07 Nov 20:03
- cynthia.wimberly.12 favorited Upcycled Punk Collar 12 Dec 04:16
- Black Veil Brides ^^ favorited Upcycled Punk Collar 02 Oct 16:48
- Black Veil Brides ^^ commented on Upcycled Punk Collar 02 Oct 16:47
- amazeballs favorited Upcycled Punk Collar 18 Aug 20:40
- Andy A. favorited Upcycled Punk Collar 09 Aug 20:02
- Kayla G. favorited Upcycled Punk Collar 25 Feb 01:05
- LillyMunster added Upcycled Punk Collar to Goth 05 Feb 09:20
- sara k. favorited Upcycled Punk Collar 12 Jan 06:33
Vermin Jerky posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!