pretty flowers that last forever!
This is fun for all ages to make.
younger kids can paint pre cut bottle flowers. It's also nice for everyone to paint their own flowers then assembled them all together into the wreath.
- Amanda P. added Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath to Recyclables 17 Jun 22:15
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath 19 Jul 04:42
- Katy M. added Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath to Try! 27 Oct 03:36
- Katy M. favorited Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath 27 Oct 03:35
- Keri Plezia (aka;Miss Holley King) favorited Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath 20 Aug 15:54
- kaylene.woods favorited Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath 28 Jun 23:48
- Markee R. added Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath to Andy Warhol Factory Party 19 Jun 12:10
- ashley m. favorited Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath 01 Feb 05:23
- Calah L. favorited Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath 31 Jan 17:09
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Upcycled Plastic Soda Bottle Wreath to To-make 30 Oct 17:07
You Will Need
i made a wreath from a $1 pool noodle
I really wanted to make a big vase of flowers but then I realized I live in a apt & don't really have a place to keep a big display of flowers. Or a place to stash them when I get bored of looking at them.
So that's why the wreath was born. But I'm happy with the finished pieced
I like the cut shape of sport drink bottles . So I used some of them too. I also like using the bottom of the bottles too not just the tops. Also using different sized bottles make great shaped flowers. So try mixing it up w 2 liter bottles & 16 oz ect.
Cut bottles & shape into flower petals/blooms. Then paint & layer the flowers into the kind of flowers you like.Use all parts of the plastic bottles ~ the cut bottoms of bottles work good to cover the holes in the flowers (where the seeds would be) as shown in this pic
That's pretty much it
If possible 'paint" the cut out flowers with spray paint. Gives a great shine & you don't have to spray anything on them after you paint them. Also regular latex house paint works good too.
I used regular craft paint too but you have to paint many coats on to look good. Then you have to spray clear acrylic sealer
to get a shine to them
Glue to wreath