From Boring to Fabulous in 1 day!
I have had these shoes for around 5 years. They are super cute with a classic shape and surprisingly comfortable! YEAH! Obviously I wouldn't want to trash these heels if they got a little scruffed up, so I decided to recycle them as well as make them a lot more stylish.
Hope you enjoy.
- mandy9r favorited Upcycled High Heels 29 Jun 02:20
- Felecity W. entered her project Upcycled High Heels to Hats On Heads 01 Jun 18:00
- WaterAngel added Upcycled High Heels to Shoes 06 May 20:51
- eFenuska added Upcycled High Heels to Shoes 29 Apr 13:25
- Bethany Lynn S. favorited Upcycled High Heels 18 Mar 01:41
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Upcycled High Heels 03 Jan 13:38
- Yvonne R. favorited Upcycled High Heels 07 Nov 05:54
- naya.x.black added Upcycled High Heels to clothes 20 Sep 22:32
- Marie C. favorited Upcycled High Heels 09 Sep 23:27
- belladonna favorited Upcycled High Heels 30 Aug 19:58
You first step is to clean the part you plan on painting. I used water and then a cotton pad soaked with alcohol to get rid of the printed on bamboo design.
Now get acrylic paint in the color you want your heel to be and paint 3-4 thin layers.
I used an old studded belt that was falling apart to add a bit of shine. First measure how much stud you are wanting to use. I cut between the studs lengthwise and simply used super glue to attach the leather to the shoes. I really like the way the red leather matched the heels.
Make sure you go light on the glue since it will most likely expand.