American style pancakes but with fewer refined ingredients
One difference between my adolescent self and now is that I can no longer start my day on an empty stomach. My feelings towards breakfast hasn’t changed, though now I indulge in a leisurely meal, mostly ignored with the help of the TV to trick myself into eating.
This isn’t possible when you’re trying to leave the house by 6.30am, so I resorted to trick number 2: it’s never the wrong time for pudding. Knowing I would be indulging in syrup and butter as toppings I tried to make the pancakes themselves as wholesome as possible.
- Helen S. favorited Unrefined Pancakes 23 Mar 07:49
- Tasha L. favorited Unrefined Pancakes 23 Feb 18:59
- KelliDroze added Unrefined Pancakes to Breakfast 27 Oct 22:59
- melia.person favorited Unrefined Pancakes 05 Jun 01:21
- Suzi T. favorited Unrefined Pancakes 03 May 11:15
- ale_corason favorited Unrefined Pancakes 01 May 00:29
- KelliDroze added Unrefined Pancakes to Sweet 01 May 00:13
Seive together the dry ingredients and set to one side.
In a separate jug mix together the wet ingredients.
Pour the milk mix into the flour mix and beat with a fork till smooth.
Leave for a few minutes to settle.
Heat a pan on a medium with a little oil and ladle 1/6 batter into it.
Flip pancake when the top starts to bubble, and continue to fry until both sides are golden brown.
These can be kept in the fridge or freezer and reheated in a toaster when required.