My version of the bright yellow cardigan Kimmy Schmidt wears on the show.
Holy Ham Sandwich, I have fallen completely in love with Tina Fey’s new masterpiece The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It’s bright, fun and inspiring and I’ve already binge watched it, twice. I literally cannot stop recommending it to everyone I know and it even inspired me to go shopping for fun new clothes for spring. Really, who among us ever has enough neon?
- CozyReverie added Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Inspired Cardigan to Rapunzel Style 31 Mar 16:37
- Jennstar329 favorited Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Inspired Cardigan 30 May 00:36
- CYDNEY W. added Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Inspired Cardigan to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 12 May 01:21
- tyler t. favorited Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Inspired Cardigan 23 Apr 04:03
- Emma H. favorited Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Inspired Cardigan 15 Apr 13:53
- diann.lee.smith favorited Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Inspired Cardigan 04 Apr 13:55
- kkit12 favorited Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Inspired Cardigan 04 Apr 01:00
- TheYearlingBlog published her project Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Inspired Cardigan 03 Apr 17:12
On the show she has three or four butterfly patches sewn onto the front of her cardigan and that’s basically the only embellishment. I do not own butterfly patches, nor do I posses the mental acuity of an eighth grader. What I did have were some Betsey Johnson patches that I picked up from Michael’s that were a little more punk rock and a lot more me. So I ironed them onto the same spot where Kimmy has the butterflies on her cardigan.
This is the part that takes the most time. Seriously, think in terms of hours. My best advice is to free form the basic shape of the skull and features that you want with the sequins (I actually used Quarters to get the basic size and shape of the eyes), then glue them down, allow to dry and take your thread and sew the beads on top of the sequins. That way you know they’ll stay on and won’t flake off whenever the glue gets worn out.