No help when it's raining but awwwwww....
I always wanted one of these goth parasols.
Lace? Naaah, too graveyard, and WAY too expencive. I wanted something more playful. And cheap. So I got a non-spectacular umbrella in a second hand store and two packages of HUGE scary-sized black nylon tights, grabbed scissors, needles and black thread, set another smallville episode on *play* and came up with this!
Took me two days ( WHOLE days, ladies... Yay for holidays... ), lots of cursing, lots of pricks and a huge amount of DVDs.
As soon as I had it finished, I phoned a befiended photographer and we fooled around a bit. ( The first pic really is not one of the best ones, but you can see the darling umbrella-ella-ella-e-e-e quite good, so... )
As I already said in a comment, I'm not gonna do a how-to! I had none and no idea what I was doing when I started.
Anyways, a tutorial would look like this:
- get umbrella frame.
- randomly sew pieces of black pantyhose nylon on frame.
- destroy nylon pieces afterwards.
Don't tell me you couldn't figure this out?
- Sveta favorited Umbrella Of Death And Destruction 16 Oct 18:13
- Tierra T. favorited Umbrella Of Death And Destruction 16 Nov 22:33
- Morbid M. favorited Umbrella Of Death And Destruction 16 Jun 20:01
- Amalie added Umbrella Of Death And Destruction to Accessories 25 Feb 13:57
- Danielle S. added Umbrella Of Death And Destruction to DIY 12 Jan 02:03
- Danielle S. favorited Umbrella Of Death And Destruction 12 Jan 02:03
- dippydiscoball favorited Umbrella Of Death And Destruction 28 Nov 05:44
- Steph. commented on Umbrella Of Death And Destruction 04 Nov 07:13
- Steph. favorited Umbrella Of Death And Destruction 04 Nov 07:13
- Cheshire x. favorited Umbrella Of Death And Destruction 04 Sep 21:02
FrolleinKram posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!