Fudgey brownies with entire fun size Twix bars inside!
- Rebecca M. favorited Twix Brownies 23 Jun 14:28
- MerBear93 favorited Twix Brownies 07 Apr 03:45
- Penny F. added Twix Brownies to Baking 30 Aug 01:46
- Annie J. added Twix Brownies to Food 06 Dec 02:37
- Annie J. favorited Twix Brownies 06 Dec 01:17
- Laura H. favorited Twix Brownies 14 Nov 13:36
- Rikki L. favorited Twix Brownies 07 Oct 12:49
- sarah a. favorited Twix Brownies 08 Sep 19:40
- Corvii favorited Twix Brownies 28 May 22:47
- Danielle C. added Twix Brownies to Food 22 May 20:24
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the sides and bottom of a glass or light-colored metal 9×13-inch pan. Line the bottom with a sheet of parchment paper, and butter the parchment.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and cocoa powder.
Place the chocolate and butter in the bowl of a double boiler set over a pan of simmering water, and stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and combined. Turn off the heat, but keep the bowl over the water of the double boiler, and add both sugars. Whisk until completely combined and remove the bowl from the pan. The mixture should be at room temperature.
Add three eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined. Add the remaining eggs and whisk until just combined. Add the vanilla and stir until combined. Do not over-beat the batter at this stage, or your brownies will be cakey.
Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate. Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until there is just a trace amount of the flour mixture still visible.
Brownie Assembly: Pour half of the brownie mixture into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Lay the Twix bars over the brownie batter, leaving a small gap of space around each bar (approx. a quarter inch). Pour remaining brownie batter over the Twix bars and carefully spread it even, taking care to not shift the Twix bars around.
Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time, and check to make sure the brownies are completely done by sticking a toothpick into the center of the pan. The brownies are done when the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Remove the brownies from the oven and cool completely before cutting.