TWISTED LYCRA LAMP SCULPTURE
Since the dawn of time wire hangers and stretchy fabric have gone together like Romeo and Juliet, like peanut butter and chocolate, like Crayons and coloring books. You get my point. I think this lamp looks a lot like what Martha Graham would have in her home. I love it with all of it’s twists and turns. One word of caution, yours will be totally different from mine because there is no way two of these can be the same!
- Key West Witch favorited Twisted Lycra Lamp 31 May 17:09
- xxkayxx favorited Twisted Lycra Lamp 27 Apr 11:45
- Victorian Dreamer favorited Twisted Lycra Lamp 08 Jan 18:29
- keely.mikulenka added Twisted Lycra Lamp to Lighting Projects 04 Mar 21:07
- Ashleigh A. favorited Twisted Lycra Lamp 09 Aug 18:25
- Irene Wildfox added Twisted Lycra Lamp to Home 06 Jun 11:16
- ArteinterrogantE favorited Twisted Lycra Lamp 02 Dec 15:36
- Amanda B. favorited Twisted Lycra Lamp 15 Jul 19:11
- Jed P. favorited Twisted Lycra Lamp 04 Jul 16:43
- Ilse Valverde b. favorited Twisted Lycra Lamp 04 Jul 00:26
Unwind the 3 wire hangers so that they are just long pieces of wire.
Cut your Lycra/Spandex 20” by 36”
Turn it right side out.
Position the end wires so that there is 1” excess fabric. *This will be used to flip over and finish the edges later.
Use your straight pins to keep all the wires in place.
With your needle and thread, stitch around the circle part of each wire only to keep in place so it doesn’t move inside of the tube.
Flip the 1” excess inside each mouth of your lamp and tack it down with the needle and thread. This hides the wire and gives it a nice finished feel.
Bend one of the end spiraling wires toward the top of the lamp so that it can wrap around the socket part of your socket and cord set and so that it keeps it in the center of your lamp and so the light bulb is not near the fabric at all.
*Since this lamp is so light it can easily hang from the socket and cord set. Just install a small hook and hang it up.