Handcrafted Holiday ~ Twig and Lavender Stars
These babies are beautiful and and the lavender ones smell great. I plan on having them all over my house. The smaller twigs and lavender stems are being saved for this same project in miniature to put on the Christmas tree. Although the smaller twig stars I am planning on putting silver glitter so they shimmer in the tree lights.
- Key West Witch favorited Twig And Lavender Stars 11 Sep 11:55
- LiQuiD.PaPeR.CuT added Twig And Lavender Stars to Oujia Nightmare Line Production 28 Mar 14:06
- Alissa B. favorited Twig And Lavender Stars 19 May 20:11
- jane.louis.353 favorited Twig And Lavender Stars 11 May 17:27
- Anna Bean favorited Twig And Lavender Stars 01 May 18:54
- Lee Rose added Twig And Lavender Stars to Vardo 14 Mar 20:34
- Harmonee.seal added Twig And Lavender Stars to Keeping my heads in the clouds... 18 Jul 21:09
- Yasmin M. favorited Twig And Lavender Stars 25 Nov 20:10
- djembefer favorited Twig And Lavender Stars 18 Nov 04:56
First, put your lavender twigs in sets of three. Each 'arm' of the star will be made of three pieces of lavender (for the twigs, you usually only need one for each arm).
They are so beautiful and natural looking. Not to mention FREE!
I also made another set for the Star of David. For this, you make two triangles out of the lavender stems (tying flower end to stem end, always) and then join the two together. It is always best if you weave the stems a little bit so the project lays flat.