Geek Chic Crochet
A great little skirt made using a smart and effective tweed stitch in three vivid colours.
fptr (front post treble) tr worked around stalk of st from previous round from front of work
bptr (back post treble) tr worked around stalk of st from previous round from back of work
22 sts x 21 rows over 10cm (4in) square working tweed st using 4mm
(US size G/6) hook.
dc double crochet
htr half treble
RS right side
WS wrong side
yrh yarn round hook
To fit sizes:
8 10 12 14
cm 71 76 80 85
in 28 30 311⁄2 331⁄2
cm 41 41 41 41
in 16 16 16 16
- Lotusburger favorited Tweed Skirt 11 Jan 14:25
- xxkayxx favorited Tweed Skirt 28 Sep 12:43
- RareJewel favorited Tweed Skirt 22 Jun 00:07
- Claire M. favorited Tweed Skirt 21 Mar 21:43
- Elentine added Tweed Skirt to Yarncrafts 14 Oct 17:51
- Ella Light added Tweed Skirt to Crochet 10 Aug 22:55
- srslyjc favorited Tweed Skirt 19 Jul 20:45
- AFREEME favorited Tweed Skirt 19 Jun 09:05
- Jade M. favorited Tweed Skirt 14 Jun 05:52
- 02jhseaby added Tweed Skirt to Cloths 07 Jun 17:17
You Will Need
Skirt Front & Back
(make 2 the same)
Using A make 55:61:65:71ch.
Row 1 (RS): Miss 2 ch, 1htr in each ch to end.
Row 2: 2ch, miss first st, *fptr around stalk of next st,
1bptr around stalk of next st; rep from * to last st, 1htr in
top of 2-ch.
Row 3: 2ch, miss first st, *1bptr around stalk of next st,
1fptr around stalk of next st; rep from * to last st, 1htr in
top of 2-ch.
Inc row: 1ch, miss first st, working in dc inc 24 sts evenly across. (78:84:88:94 sts)
Beg working tweed st as foll:
Row 5: 1ch, 1dc in first st, *1ch, miss 1 st, 1dc in next st;
rep from * to last dc, 1dc in last dc.
Do not fasten off, attach B.
Row 6: Using B, 1ch, 1dc in first st, *1ch, miss 1 st, 1dc in next ch sp; rep from * to last dc, 1dc in last dc.
Do not fasten off, attach C.
Row 7: Using C, rep Row 6.
Cont to change colour in this sequence, rep Row 6 to form tweed st until work measures 41cm (16in).