A box to hide my treasures in.
Last summer a made this treasure box. It took me ages but I am very happy with the result. In the box a hide my treasures. Mostly gifts and things I have memories with. A few flags from land I've been, some medals, a tooth from a cow I found, my first bib, things like that. I hope that it's full one day.
I made the handles and stuff look old, so the box would look like an old one. To make it rust put it in the BBQ so the coating falls off, make it wet, lay it in the rain for a long time and varnish it when it looks good to you. Use matte varnish, you don't want an 'old' handle to shine. If you don't varnish it, it might stain your clothes.
- autumnrose.lee favorited Treasure Box 11 Nov 23:21
- Sofia favorited Treasure Box 10 Oct 18:12
- MissCindy favorited Treasure Box 08 May 10:13
- Denise favorited Treasure Box 14 Jan 18:35
- cynthia.wimberly.12 favorited Treasure Box 12 Dec 04:37
- shelly.enstrom1 added Treasure Box to new stuff 28 Nov 08:43
- Justin B. added Treasure Box to Woodwork 18 Jun 13:06
- jill h. favorited Treasure Box 24 Apr 06:28
- Lizzie G. favorited Treasure Box 24 Mar 22:05
- SvarteRoser favorited Treasure Box 24 Mar 21:49
Hella posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!