watch the stars with totoro
I am a fan of Studio Ghibli films, and i am on a totoro kick right now so i decided to make a pouch to hold my cellphone, candy, or whatever else i could put inside.
materials used: felt, thread, chalk
I decided on a night scene, so the background is dark purple with stars. i tried my best to stitch detail into the tree, its not the best job but i am happy with how it came out. i used a darker pink chalk, light red, and dark red to give the blossoms some extra color in the centers. i wanted the soot sprite to have a little more body rather than just a round dot so made him a little spikey and stitched white around him so you can see him better. I worked on this for a few weeks off and on so i have no set time for how long it would take to make this.
i was going to make this piece into a pouch but now i am not sure lol.
hubby suggested i frame it and hang it up which i kinda like that thought, and it has given me another idea lol. what do you guys think? pouch or frame it?
- mypinkrainbow favorited Totoro Night Scene 05 Aug 05:40
- Millie H. added Totoro Night Scene to cool ideas 25 Mar 21:00
- Toxic*Zombie* favorited Totoro Night Scene 13 Sep 00:22
- Conn favorited Totoro Night Scene 16 Aug 02:35
- Viviana S. favorited Totoro Night Scene 30 Jul 16:19
- Zombie Babe favorited Totoro Night Scene 30 Jul 10:40
- joanna favorited Totoro Night Scene 27 Jul 10:26
Jessica posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!