MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- Leonor R. favorited Tomato Chip And Mozzarella Toast 08 Oct 15:24
- Boii favorited Tomato Chip And Mozzarella Toast 08 Mar 14:53
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Tomato Chip And Mozzarella Toast 28 Feb 12:22
- Kimya J. favorited Tomato Chip And Mozzarella Toast 04 Nov 02:52
- GMC Group published her project Tomato Chip And Mozzarella Toast 16 Aug 09:00
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees F.
Cut the tomatoes into even slices—no fatter than ½ inch thick. Place the tomato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, leaving a bit of space between the edges, and drizzle them evenly with oil. Sprinkle with the thyme and salt very lightly. Roast in the oven until the tomatoes are crispy and completely dry, 3 to 6 hours. Remove from the oven.
To compose the toast, preheat the broiler. On a baking sheet, lightly toast the first side, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the bread over, and lay the mozzarella slices over the top evenly across all four pieces. Return to the oven and broil until the mozzarella is melted and begins to bubble and darken slightly, about 3 minutes more. Remove from the oven and layer a generous amount of tomato chips across all four toasts. Drizzle with any residual oil from the baking sheet and serve.