Perfect for Halloween, Toffee Apple Cupcakes!
Eat Me is published by Ebury Press, Â£15 Hb. To purchase visit www.amazon.co.uk.
© 2019 Xanthe Milton / Ebury Press · Reproduced with permission.
- Thaty F. favorited Toffee Apple Cupcakes 25 Aug 16:19
- Melissa Beth added Toffee Apple Cupcakes to Foodening 14 Nov 11:31
- Sunnie favorited Toffee Apple Cupcakes 27 Feb 00:12
- Zombie Babe added Toffee Apple Cupcakes to All Hallow's Eve 12 Nov 07:25
- Alecia B. favorited Toffee Apple Cupcakes 23 Aug 07:14
- nikki.rigdon.5 favorited Toffee Apple Cupcakes 06 Aug 21:15
- Ashley W. favorited Toffee Apple Cupcakes 21 May 17:44
- acid favorited Toffee Apple Cupcakes 27 Mar 11:46
- KelliDroze added Toffee Apple Cupcakes to Seasonal 27 Oct 23:22
- Kenzie T. added Toffee Apple Cupcakes to Yummy 25 Jun 23:11
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a 12-hole nonstick muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
Cream the butter and sugar together – the mixture won’t go as pale and creamy as usual due to the coarse grain of the sugar. Stir in the eggs. followed by the chopped apple. Sift in the flour and baking powder.
Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the tops feel springy to the touch. Remove the cupcakes and leave to cool on a wire rack.
To make the coating, place the toffees in a pan with seven tablespoons of milk and warm gently over a low heat. Stir constantly to make a smooth toffee topping, adding more milk if needed.
Slowly pour the topping over the cakes to coat them thickly. Push a lolly stick into each cake.