A fun and easy to create accessory to dress up any outfit!
These are a super quick, easy, no-sew project perfect for any and all skill levels. The only skills you'll need to have are gluing fabric to cardboard. Really, that's it! The style possibilities are endless, depending on your choice of fabrics and embellishments. I've done these dressy, whimsical, and even extra-spooky for Halloween. They're a great low-cost way to spice up any costume or everyday outfit, since they can be made entirely from supplies in your "leftovers" bin. They attach to a hair clip or headband, so they're comfortable enough to wear all day.
While the hats are pictured on dolls, the pattern was originally in my "people" folder. My dolls are just much better at modelling things than I am.
A little about this pattern:
The pattern for these has been in my collection for years. I've done a few of these over the years to accent various costumes I've made for myself. I've recently been working on digitizing my pattern collection into downloadable PDF files so I can sell them in my shop, and decided this would be a great, easy project to practice with. Since it's so quick to work up, and is hardly the most original concept out there, I've decided to offer the pattern and photo tutorial completely free of charge! Any feedback is appreciated, as this is the first pattern I'll be releasing.
- 115162_2F2016-10-15-235736-AED-Tiny_Toppers_Final-10_15_2016.pdf 16.6 MB [ Download ]
- Ada A. favorited "Tiny Toppers" Mini Top Hats 13 Jul 02:40
- Key West Witch favorited "Tiny Toppers" Mini Top Hats 10 Sep 08:49
- HylianWriter534 favorited "Tiny Toppers" Mini Top Hats 23 Oct 06:22
- Tracy R. favorited "Tiny Toppers" Mini Top Hats 15 Oct 15:56
- AlterEgo Designs published her project "Tiny Toppers" Mini Top Hats 17 Oct 17:22
Download the PDF tutorial and pattern from the link.
Open in a PDF reader. Set the print scaling to 100% and print.
Follow the directions in the tutorial to construct your hat. Decorate however you wish, and enjoy!