mushrooms with steel of pieces of brenches and the hats are felted.
love toadstools and specially the fly agaric ones. because they always let me think of my childhood, fairy tails and i like how funny they look.
I had promised myself to make plenty of them during my brithday. This summertime i had made some toadstool totally of felt. But i would like to make some others.
Riding outside after a stormy day, doing my shoppings, i thought why not use the brenches as their stem.
I liked the idea, but what to do with those tiny toadstools after all?
This was one of my ideas setting them on a stick to set them in a plant pot. So you will become a fairy tail inside your livingroom as well;-D
hope you like it .
Of course you don't have to make your own felt, you can buy it as well or use scraps of normal fabric.
but this what i had choosen to do and you can change everything of it ;-D
but mayby you like to learn the technic of this too.
I have added a link of clover.This is the site were you can find the tools of clover , you can use other material as well. But i thought mayby you want to watch them mor closly, this ins't an add of mine.LOL
At first i had some foam of the inside of a matras that 's working too or a old sponge. and a normal felting needles.
But i have not good hands so i like to use those tools , don’t know if there are other brand, i think there wil be.;-D
The time is without drying time.
Thank you for hopping by.;-D
- Neko-San K. favorited Tiny Toadstools Sitting Between The Sheets ) 31 May 20:59
- wondertide favorited Tiny Toadstools Sitting Between The Sheets ) 21 Feb 23:32
- Pam favorited Tiny Toadstools Sitting Between The Sheets ) 17 Feb 02:31
- Markee R. commented on Tiny Toadstools Sitting Between The Sheets ) 13 Jan 16:15
- JiLLyPooP favorited Tiny Toadstools Sitting Between The Sheets ) 15 Oct 05:38
- gothicguppy favorited Tiny Toadstools Sitting Between The Sheets ) 24 Mar 21:53
- Rhonda G. favorited Tiny Toadstools Sitting Between The Sheets ) 15 Sep 09:36
- WerewolfCas favorited Tiny Toadstools Sitting Between The Sheets ) 27 Aug 10:13
- Valeria H. favorited Tiny Toadstools Sitting Between The Sheets ) 10 Jul 17:39
because i like to make felt mor smoodly i have choosen to do some wet felting as well, it's easy to do.
and because i didn't found it necessary to felt it wet very well it cost only a little bit time.
i did it while i was watching tele;-D
gather some soap , you can use liquid or the normal soap , a little drop is enough for two of them.
dip two of the hats in the hot water, one one do a dot of the soap and scrub the hats inside the bubble plastic a little time.
The side that had lay down on the mat is now flat too.
and then you can started to form the shape.
Put your finger top in the middle of your left hand (when your right handed) and with the rub the the topside of the edjes to form the hat.
You can do the same when you lay them on a small tiny lid that is round too.
but i didn't had that when i was watching tele.LOL
so i used my finger top.
you must wash the soap out of the hats. first use hot water then cold the fibres will felt even more.
stint the water out of the hats and normaly you must don't do this, but because you don't will weare those tiny toads on your body you can.
Lay them on the top of the central heating.LOL
They will dry very quick and it will stimulate the felting procedure too.LOL
After a night drying they are okay for the next step.