So Easy and So Delicious
Scratch made biscuits sound intimidating but they aren't at all. This recipe only requires three ingredients. However, you can add other ingredients like a touch of brown sugar and cinnamon for a sweet treat. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.
- Sunnie favorited Three Ingredient Biscuits 18 Feb 04:20
- rouge s. added Three Ingredient Biscuits to Food 27 Nov 03:26
- rouge s. favorited Three Ingredient Biscuits 08 Nov 05:10
- learningtolean added Three Ingredient Biscuits to Food 17 Jul 22:27
- learningtolean favorited Three Ingredient Biscuits 17 Jul 22:25
- Kaiulani W. favorited Three Ingredient Biscuits 10 Jul 01:27
- kerry.ingram.140 favorited Three Ingredient Biscuits 01 Jun 12:13
- kissedmusic favorited Three Ingredient Biscuits 11 May 03:04
- Syb' favorited Three Ingredient Biscuits 10 Nov 13:18
- cassy h. favorited Three Ingredient Biscuits 23 Sep 14:38
You will need:
2 cups self-rising flour, plus more for work surface
1/2 cup butter
Shallow baking dish or cake pan
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Let's get started...
-In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and butter.
-Cut the butter into the flour. It should look like coarse crumbles when you are done.
-Stir in the milk a little at a time until it gets a "doughy" texture.
-The dough will be a bit sticky. Dust your work surface with additional flour.
-Turn the dough out onto the floured surface. Gently fold each side toward the center. Picking up the dough and dusting the work surface with additional flour. Return the dough to the floured surface and fold each side towards the center again. (Try not to work it too much)
-Turn the dough over and press it out to a 1/4"-1/2" thickness. Cut out biscuits, using a 2-3" round cookie cutter.
Butter your baking dish or cake pan well
-Arrange the biscuits in the pan.
-Bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
-Brush the top of the hot biscuits with butter.