Inspired by string map art by Saskia
I really liked the idea of the string art but had hardly any of the materials needed. I improvised and poked holes in a canvas and used different shapes instead - it worked out pretty well! Sorry no pictures I did it in a hurry!
- Sally S. favorited Threaded Wolf & Moon 01 May 14:32
- Rodney F. favorited Threaded Wolf & Moon 27 Mar 05:27
- Marie R. added Threaded Wolf & Moon to ART 12 Feb 16:38
- jane.louis.353 favorited Threaded Wolf & Moon 07 Dec 23:17
- srslyjc favorited Threaded Wolf & Moon 20 Sep 23:46
- Hemophobic Vampire favorited Threaded Wolf & Moon 27 Apr 23:52
- TARA R. added Threaded Wolf & Moon to twihard 04 Jan 01:01
- Rachel Z. favorited Threaded Wolf & Moon 30 Nov 23:14
- ajenne w. favorited Threaded Wolf & Moon 12 Jul 17:46
- Irene Wildfox added Threaded Wolf & Moon to Art 09 Jun 12:15
Trace or draw a silhouette of a wolf, colour in with black marker or paint. Cut out.
Place silhouette onto canvas, position and then with a needle make holes 5mm apart around the outside. Leave a 5mm border around the wolf.
Draw a circle around the wolf, this will be the moon. Lightly trace the circle using a pencil and compass. Again make holes, following the penciled circle outline, 5mm apart. When complete erase the pencil line.
Pass the thread through the first hole of the wolf silhouette to the outer circle hole and repeat. Do this until the circle is complete. You can alter the colour of thread or use the same throughout. I used 4 colours as I kept running out of thread!