A very eye-catching piece of head jewellery!
The third eye is a mystical concept which has been adopted by a number of religions and spiritualists. It can symbolise a state of enlightenment or the summoning of mental images of deep spiritual significance. It is also often associated with visions, clairvoyance and out-of-body experiences.
For this reason, I think that it would fit in well with Audrey Kitching's modernised gypsy style, as it combines an old, mystical concept, often associated with gypsies and fortune tellers with a modern current trend. :)
- Hannah of The Outfit Repeater added Third Eye Chain Headpiece to Nicole Richie 01 Mar 20:15
- cupcake gangster favorited Third Eye Chain Headpiece 20 Apr 04:10
- JaydeyLikesMac&Cheese favorited Third Eye Chain Headpiece 04 Jun 17:05
- Lauren entered her project Third Eye Chain Headpiece to Suncatcher Craft Eyes 14 Apr 00:11
- Nicole C. favorited Third Eye Chain Headpiece 05 Nov 18:48
- Tava favorited Third Eye Chain Headpiece 03 Jun 16:16
- Nora E. added Third Eye Chain Headpiece to Projects to try 05 Apr 05:51
- Mad H. added Third Eye Chain Headpiece to Hair and Bows 03 Mar 14:00
- Miki added Third Eye Chain Headpiece to Accessories 01 Jan 09:52
- Krista B. added Third Eye Chain Headpiece to Make Version 28 Dec 05:29
Get your materials together, and cut the jewellery finding to fit the glass eye using the wire cutters.
Either use a tape measure to measure the circumference of your head or wrap the chain around your head, taking note of how tight or loose is comfortable for you. Making it slightly more loose will make it fall nicely. Cut the chain at a comfortable length. Open the last link and attach it to the last link on the other end, forming a loop. Ensure that the chain is not twisted.
This will form the main part of your headpiece.
Make a slightly smaller loop that is tighter on your head, and attach it to the first loop at the front and back using jump rings. This will keep the headpiece on your head.
Attach your eye jewellery finding, and if you want to, decorate the rest of the headpiece with other chain and beads as you desire!