A great beginners project.
Our colorful little bag is just the right size to use as an eyeglass case, a makeup case, or even an evening clutch-it fits right in the palm of your hand! When you've finished knitting this bag, one option is to felt it, which melts away most minor imperfections.
Approximately 11" x 13" before felting
Approximately 8" x 3" after felting
- Jessie D. added The Envelope Bag to To Do Yarn Crafts 19 Nov 05:14
- Karen D. favorited The Envelope Bag 02 Jun 14:04
- Charlotte H. favorited The Envelope Bag 12 Mar 17:18
- s8801088 favorited The Envelope Bag 20 Jul 05:21
- Cindy N. favorited The Envelope Bag 07 Jul 03:07
- Frida S. favorited The Envelope Bag 22 Jun 04:23
Using wool and main novelty yarn held together, cast on 30 stitches.
1. Knit every row until piece measures 13".
2. Bind off.
3. Fold bottom third up, like an envelope, and whipstitch sides together.
4. Felt the bag.
1. Using the novelty yarn and a sewing needle, whipstitch along front of opening and top edge of flap to create a decorative edge.
2. Using a novelty yarn, make a loop at centre of top flap to loop over button.
3. Sew on a button.
<i>Images and text copyright (c) taken from Chicks with Sticks Guide to to Knitting by Nancy Queen & Mary Ellen O'Connell, published by Watson-Guptill, RRP £10.99, available from <a href="http://www.thegmcgroup.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.pl">www.thegmcgroup.com</a> or by calling 01273 488005</i>