Keep your eye on the doughnut, not the hole.
"Why a doughnut?", you ask-- scrunching up your nose and tilting your head to the side.
Well I recently read this amazing book:
Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity
by David Lynch
and among other mega-inspiring sayings and quotes was this one:
"Keep your eye on the doughnut, not the hole."
And being that the doughnut is just about my favorite food (my Dad's too) this quote really spoke to me.
When you set a goal for yourself (such as writing a book for instance) there can be ups and downs and it really helps to have a saying that keeps you going.
And when something speaks to me, what do I do? I have to make said item to help remind me of it.
So how did I make this yummy doughnut?
- Key West Witch favorited The Doughnut! Plushie 08 Oct 08:06
- Amber R. favorited The Doughnut! Plushie 25 May 10:40
- asia.pearce added The Doughnut! Plushie to Plushie 27 Jul 23:12
- Neko-San K. favorited The Doughnut! Plushie 31 May 21:06
- Skyliva favorited The Doughnut! Plushie 24 Apr 17:14
- Chaos favorited The Doughnut! Plushie 05 Jul 16:14
- RareJewel favorited The Doughnut! Plushie 01 Jun 06:31
- Chudames favorited The Doughnut! Plushie 13 May 05:57
- mmotse03 favorited The Doughnut! Plushie 23 Sep 22:47
- Sophie L. favorited The Doughnut! Plushie 03 Aug 04:43
I sewed a tube about 4 inches in diameter and about 14 inches long.
I turned it right side out and then did a running gather stitch along the seam to be able to pull the tube into a circle. Since I wasn't sure how much I would need, I had extra tube and simple trimmed off the excess. Then I stuffed it with a bit of polyfill and stitched the two ends together.