A perfect starter for new crocheters!
The Crochet Canadian
Super chunky yarn(@112.5m/123yds)
25mm or U hook
Gauge: 1sc & 1row = 2.5cm (1")
Finished measurements measured flat: @14cm X 61-137cm or 5.5" x 24-60"
Cowl pictured was @152cm/60".
Work pattern for at least 61cm(24") for a shorter cowl.
This can be worked over any number of stitches.
- crochetmommie added The Crochet Canadian to Crochet 09 Dec 13:10
- Kimya J. favorited The Crochet Canadian 29 Oct 22:14
- samantha k. favorited The Crochet Canadian 07 Aug 21:08
- Sofia favorited The Crochet Canadian 12 Mar 14:56
- LoupLou favorited The Crochet Canadian 06 Jan 14:50
- Pimke added The Crochet Canadian to Strickmuster 11 Mar 10:21
- Karen D. added The Crochet Canadian to To-make list 10 Jan 03:07
- Melissa K. favorited The Crochet Canadian 04 Oct 18:35
- Dale M. added The Crochet Canadian to Crochet Animal Hats 09 Mar 16:14
- Dale M. added The Crochet Canadian to Crochet Neckwarmers 09 Mar 16:14
Chain 62 on the tight side. This will pull the scarf in and make it lay nicely when finished.
Row 1: 1 SC in 2nd ch from hook, 1 SC in each ch to end, turn.
Row 2: 1 CH, skip first sc, 1 SC in back loop of each sc, ending 1 SC in 1 ch, turn.
Repeat Row 2 (7 times) or until piece measures 14cm/5.5".
Sew ends together.
Weave in ends, wear & enjoy!