Triple Threat: The Cookie Cake Pie
Cookies, Cakes and Pies are basically the holy trinity of baked goods.
Separately, each is wonderful in its own way. Cookies and milk after school. Birthday cake. Pie at Thanksgiving.
But what if--just what if--all of this awesome could be combined into one singular sensation?
It's time to break out a seriously sweet triple play: the Cookie Cake Pie.
I wish I had a more clever moniker for you, but really, the name does say it all: it's a cookie and a cake within a pie. This treat embraces the idea that if some is good, more is wonderful; it weighs more than any I've ever held in my arms, and it packs much more of a sugary punch. Excessive? Perhaps. But everyone who tried it all but licked the plate clean.
Want one of your very own? Here's what you need to do.
- Melissa Beth added The Cookie Cake Pie to Foodening 21 Jan 02:17
- Melissa Beth favorited The Cookie Cake Pie 16 Nov 03:44
- Flo Di favorited The Cookie Cake Pie 13 Nov 00:03
- Beth R. favorited The Cookie Cake Pie 31 Aug 08:37
- Beth R. added The Cookie Cake Pie to cookies 31 Aug 08:37
- lauren w. favorited The Cookie Cake Pie 06 Jun 00:28
- Mellany H. favorited The Cookie Cake Pie 01 May 16:50
- Suzi T. favorited The Cookie Cake Pie 10 Apr 11:09
- Emma S. added The Cookie Cake Pie to Food 12 Mar 00:22
- Alison M. favorited The Cookie Cake Pie 24 Feb 16:38
Next, prepare a single pie crust and line it into a pie plate. I considered blind-baking it, but ultimately did not, and I thought it turned out fine.
Place the cookie dough inside of the pie crust and using your fingers or a spoon, spread it so that it evenly coats the bottom of the crust. Mine was about an inch thick; I had enough cookie dough leftover to make about three big cookies, or one massive cookie dough snack.
At this point, you might want to pre-heat the oven. I considered each of the three recipes (pie, cookie and cake) and chose an average of 350 degrees.
Let the cookie-filled pie crust rest for a bit while you mix up some birthday cake. If I'm to be completely honest here, I used Rainbow Chip cake. Yes, from a mix. It just felt right, and it added such a nice color contrast. Don't judge me.