just another mini top hat tutorial!
I wanted a mini top hat to match my new year paty outfit, just coulden't find quite the rigt tutorial for me. Anybody else find that? anyways, here's my version of the mini top hat! XD
- Key West Witch favorited The All Purpose Mini Top Hat 10 Sep 08:36
- miss rose entered her project The All Purpose Mini Top Hat to Secret Santa 28 Dec 20:36
- Laouen favorited The All Purpose Mini Top Hat 11 Dec 20:47
- velvetybat favorited The All Purpose Mini Top Hat 01 Aug 00:25
- miss rose added her project The All Purpose Mini Top Hat to oooold tutorials 12 Jul 19:12
- coleen.lilley.5 added The All Purpose Mini Top Hat to Steampunk Top Hat 09 Jul 00:59
- coleen.lilley.5 favorited The All Purpose Mini Top Hat 09 Jul 00:55
- Adrienne C. added The All Purpose Mini Top Hat to Accessories 02 Mar 05:11
- Adrienne C. favorited The All Purpose Mini Top Hat 02 Mar 04:03
- FrankieStein favorited The All Purpose Mini Top Hat 28 Oct 19:42
You Will Need
start of with a strip of foam, mine was about 24cm long.
pin it round
draw around it onto a peice of foam so you get a little oval.
trace around this, add a little around the edge,I added 3 cm. cut two slits in the middle two for the hair-thingy your'e using.
okay: easy way to sort the fabric for the top and crown. Stick them to the fabric and cut around! you don't need much fabric, this is a failed back peice for a blouse (it was too small!)
glue around the crown and use pegs to hold it down whist you do the next step!
cut little tabs oround the top part...
... this will ensure the fabric dries flat!
when cutting around the brim, make sure thre is a seam allowance of the with of the brim plus 1 cm, then stick this down in the same way as the top.
now you need to assemble it, in order to make the brim curvy, stick a little wire to the brim.
gather one or two layers of lace around the brim, and use it to cover up the wire. Ideally, it should be nearly wide egnougth to cover the brim and wire. after taking this pic, I added a layer of smaller ready- gathered lave to the edge of the brim.
cut ribbon , as long as your crown
stick a little lace on the back and make some pretty ribbons!
stick your desired method of getting it on your head through the two slits you made a while back, you don't have to glue it!