Recycle old hardcover books and show your love! Valentines Day!
I love books, book art, and recycling...Altered books combine all of these things! Even better, there is no right or wrong way to express yourself. Just have fun and use what you find!
I used a valentine box my husband gave me, Rose petals from our honeymoon, and our first married professional picture. Also leftover stuff from our wedding scrapbook.
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Text Covered Altered Book 03 Nov 20:08
- Hannah F. favorited Text Covered Altered Book 21 Aug 01:19
- malditangEssi favorited Text Covered Altered Book 14 Jun 14:32
- lost gypsy added Text Covered Altered Book to gifts for him 08 May 15:09
- lost gypsy favorited Text Covered Altered Book 08 May 15:09
- martinaguitron11 favorited Text Covered Altered Book 28 Jan 03:10
- Amie(: favorited Text Covered Altered Book 18 Sep 16:25
- mayoung1985 favorited Text Covered Altered Book 04 Jul 12:12
- Felecity W. entered her project Text Covered Altered Book to All You Knit Is Love 22 Feb 17:24
- Felecity W. entered her project Text Covered Altered Book to The Ticket Kitchen 06 Feb 18:37
Take an old miniature valentines box OR use whatever shape you want. :)
Figure out where you want your box to go. Turn the box upside down and trace the shape on the paper, Cut out the shape and ONLY the shape.
Do this until you can fit the box in as far as you want. Since I didn't want to edges flush with the pages I only did 23-30 pages..Glue the pages the box goes through TOGETHER!
Tear out the front of the book.
Use the pages you tore out of the book and cover the outside of the hardcover. Do this however you want! I tore mine in half and covered the whole book, then in strips to create texture and weaves.
I then STAMPED the outside of the book with rubber stamps!
P.s. I used the inside title page for the front of my book since I LOVE Sleeping Beauty.
Continue the paper rolls until you are satisfied...or your fingers are bored.
I used a glue stick and covered the inside bottom of the box. I then added fake rose petals. (from our honeymoon)
LEAVE ROOM WHERE YOU WANT TO ADD YOUR RIBBONS. You will glue the ribbons down THEN add a roll on top of the ribbon to hold it.