When you pour the cassis mixture into the molds you want it to float on top and slightly blend in with the tequila base. So the tequila needs to be almost frozen, but still a little slushy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 8–10 hours
- Chudames favorited Tequila Sunrise 31 Mar 22:41
- zjowies h. favorited Tequila Sunrise 05 Apr 10:21
- Rikki L. favorited Tequila Sunrise 07 Mar 15:16
- Emo Chick favorited Tequila Sunrise 10 Jan 19:36
- Kathy B. favorited Tequila Sunrise 10 Jan 02:43
- Shantelle t. added Tequila Sunrise to food!! 08 Dec 06:37
- Molly R. favorited Tequila Sunrise 02 Dec 13:03
- Gypsum.Craft favorited Tequila Sunrise 29 Nov 03:20
- Juliet J. added Tequila Sunrise to Drinks 16 Nov 08:37
- Juliet J. favorited Tequila Sunrise 16 Nov 08:37
Place the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan with ½ cup (125 ml) water and slowly bring to a boil, allowing the sugar to dissolve.
Let bubble for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
Pour in the tequila and soda water and mix well to combine. Measure out 6 tablespoons of the mixture and set aside. Divide the remaining mixture among four popsicle molds. Place the molds in the freezer for 4 hours.
Combine the reserved mixture with the cassis. After the 4 hours are up, remove the popsicles from the freezer and pour the cassis mixture into the molds. Insert the popsicle sticks and freeze for another 4–6 hours, until completely solid.