A sweet pouch for your small stuff (but unfortunately not for tea)
when i was in an accessorize(?) shop last time, i saw this sweet teakettle pouch. however, i wanted a smaller purse without clamps for going out and didn´t want to spend that much money on another pouch too. instead, i thought of making it myself. i always wanted to make some more things than cothing and with a new material (the clamps)
i found these really nice clamps in a shop on dawanda. they have little holes to sew the pouch to the clamps, so no gluing!! and it has a little chain with a keyring for charms or wristband, i was amazed!!
the pouch itself consists of three different fabrics, a black cotton fabric with woven words, a black and white striped twill and a black viscose batiste with tiny dots. for lining i used purple taffeta.
the most expensive were the clamps obviously, but i spend half of the money in making it myself than on buying one!
- Whitney I. favorited Teakettle Pouch 12 Aug 03:21
- MandyCip_93 favorited Teakettle Pouch 22 Dec 18:23
- zoegirl221 favorited Teakettle Pouch 21 Sep 21:16
- bemeself favorited Teakettle Pouch 24 Aug 21:55
- notdeadredhead favorited Teakettle Pouch 18 Jul 04:15
- Billie F. favorited Teakettle Pouch 13 Jun 03:43
- Victorian Dreamer favorited Teakettle Pouch 20 Apr 01:53
- kennidee.jones added Teakettle Pouch to Purses 28 Mar 06:05
- Marica C. favorited Teakettle Pouch 02 Mar 22:32
- +_+Lilmissscaresalot+_+ favorited Teakettle Pouch 05 Jul 08:14
place the muzzle pieces right sides on right sides and sew. leave the end facing the body open.
pin the strips right sides facing and sew along the long edges.
cut of the seam allowances, turn the muzzle and the handle and press. now you can stuff the two pieces with some stuffing. (or use volume nonwoven. then, include it between the two layers and sew along)
place the other body part over it and sew from one mark to the other (at the bottom). cut back the seam allowances at the curves and bottom. be sre to leave them intact at the upper edge and the ends of your seams.
sew the lining like the shell fabric.