A fussy husband fave dish
Now, was this a success the first time I tried it?
Let me put it to you this way-- Kevin (hubby), for the FIRST TIME in our 14 year marriage ate chicken WITHOUT having ketcup as a dipping sauce! SHOCKING! (He loves ketcup so much, he puts in on his plate when we have prime rib. Sorta strikes me as strange when you pay $20+ for prime rib dinner to have to have ketcup but that's just him...but NOT this time!)
(This was reprinted from my blog, where I am known as WhyCuzICan)
- Rachael H. added Tasty Orange Chicken to Food 17 Dec 05:04
- shannon C. favorited Tasty Orange Chicken 31 Jul 18:17
- pink favorited Tasty Orange Chicken 26 Feb 05:08
- k j. favorited Tasty Orange Chicken 29 Nov 15:54
- grace.green.798 favorited Tasty Orange Chicken 25 Nov 04:33
- Shannon L. favorited Tasty Orange Chicken 21 Nov 05:17
- Agresija favorited Tasty Orange Chicken 16 Nov 23:15
- blouhell favorited Tasty Orange Chicken 16 Nov 17:01
- Mrs. N favorited Tasty Orange Chicken 16 Nov 16:30
Maytag Suzanne's Version of
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Oven Cooking Time: about 40 minutes
(2) Chicken breasts (boneless)
1/4 cup flour
oil for lightly frying
1/2 cup of frozen OJ (thawed)
1 tablespoon ketcup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan over med high heat
Take your chicken breasts and lightly flour, then fry briefly in pan, to crisp up the skin a bit (not to fully cook).
In in bowl, mix OJ, ketcup, and brown sugar, mix well.
Transfer lightly fried chicken into a small oven safe pan, then pour sauce over the top.
Cook for about 40 minutes (basting as desired) or until chicken is cooked thru and no longer has pink juices when pierced.
Works nicely with a side of simple white rice, too :)