Love to Sew: Zakka Style Gifts
Size: 10 x 10cm (4 x 4in) and 9.5 x 26cm (3¾ x 10¼in)
Templates: A and B:
(for 1 square and one rectangular basket)
Cut out pattern for the baskets using templates A (square basket) and B (rectangular basket). The templates do not include a seam allowance.
When cutting out to templates A and B, add 0.75cm (1/3in) seam allowance on all sides.
Printed cotton fabric 1 each of templates A and B
Natural-coloured linen 1 each of templates A and B
Inserts: 2 each of templates A and B
- Deb E. favorited Table Baskets 09 Jul 22:14
- OverlordSayo favorited Table Baskets 24 Aug 22:51
- Alecia B. favorited Table Baskets 23 Aug 06:15
- Annemarie B. favorited Table Baskets 13 Jun 14:24
- Angel C. favorited Table Baskets 26 May 00:28
- Suzi T. favorited Table Baskets 22 May 12:28
- Christine B. favorited Table Baskets 20 May 06:12
- joathina favorited Table Baskets 18 May 20:42
- Emma H. favorited Table Baskets 18 May 12:47
- Search Press published her project Table Baskets 17 Mar 12:40
You Will Need
For both baskets: Iron the insert on to the back of both pieces of linen. Place the printed cotton fabric and the linen together with the right sides facing and sew together on all sides, leaving a turning hole.
Trim back the seam allowance and cut diagonally across the corners. Turn right side out and iron. Hand stitch the turning hole to close. Use the Trick-Marker to draw the lines as shown on the template. Sew along these lines to make the folds. Iron the sides (“walls”) to the middle along the folds.
Sew together the top corners of the sides with a few strong hand stitches.