yeah, i know... another reconstructed shirt project!!
i´m totally in love with reconstructed shirts, i know the idea is not new but i think every diy´er does it different.
as i´m a pattern adict and wacky about fitting things i made patterns for the first two dresses.
#1 is a neckholder bustier/pencil dress. the top, the side panels and the hem are made out of black jersey knit with tiny red dots. the shirt below the bustier has two little pleats and is shaped like a pencilskirt. oh, and it has a pin up/"some like it hot" film poster print!
#2 is a neckholder dress too but with a different silhouette... and a misfits print. i made the top out of violet jersey and painted little bats on it. The shape of the top is like a sleeping 8 (i like the imagination that numbers can sleep) the shirt/now dress itelf is an a-line.
#3 lo and behold! it´s a neckholder dress!! it is really old. I got the t-shirt from my boyfriend who didn´t wear it (he doesn´t like black Oo). I only cut off the top and the sleeves, added a neckholder band and made it fit snugly. also i changed front and backside of the shirt. originally the target was on the back.
06.09.10 How-to for dress #1 added; attachment isn´t true to scale!!!
maybe i should do some photos or drawings to several steps... i´ll update it asap!!!
- HollywoodDress.pdf 15.4 KB [ Download ]
- SlinkSkull favorited T Shirt Dresses Rule The World 20 Jul 20:16
- Allblack9119 added T Shirt Dresses Rule The World to Tshirt Dresses 05 Mar 02:21
- veronica f. favorited T Shirt Dresses Rule The World 24 Feb 23:27
- Knittin' Kitten added T Shirt Dresses Rule The World to To-make list 26 Aug 10:50
- Jaia T. favorited T Shirt Dresses Rule The World 26 Dec 08:47
- lynda.gouldie favorited T Shirt Dresses Rule The World 14 Sep 16:13
- Ziv J. favorited T Shirt Dresses Rule The World 04 Sep 10:17
- Cheshire x. favorited T Shirt Dresses Rule The World 20 Jun 09:07
- Amanda S. favorited T Shirt Dresses Rule The World 15 May 22:40
- C.Rami favorited T Shirt Dresses Rule The World 08 Mar 20:02
so, i made a pattern out of my basic jersey pattern; it consists of an upper part for the front, an upper part for the back (both jersey), middle front and back (for the shirt), the lower front and back part (jersey) and two stripes for the sides (jersey) because my butt was a bit too… fat… or the tee too small… yes, that´s it!
So, if you don´t have a basic pattern: I think you can just measure your hip, waist, underbust and the distances between them and draw a pattern of this (see attachment).
As the diagram says, cut the top two times on fold, two parts out of your tee on fold and four bottom parts on fold.
Sew the side seams of the top parts.
Sew together the upper edges of the top right side n right side and include the straps between the layers. Turn it over and your top is finished. Do the same (just without the straps) with the bottom parts.
Sew the strips to one part you cut out of your tee and sew the other tee part to the open edge of the strips.
Place your pleats (mine point to the middle of the dress).
Now, sew the top and the bottom right side on right side to the tee part (you have three layers of fabric now), turn it over and you´re done!!