Swirls are so pretty & swirly!
Wire jewelries are the best when it comes to making fun and pretty patterns. I'm quite addicted to making wire jewelries and have been making swirly patterns for a while. In this tutorial I'll show how to make simple wire rings with swirls.
Stay tuned, cuz I'll be posting more swirly tutorials! ;)
- Maura B. added Swirly Wire Rings to Jewelry 08 Sep 21:26
- Ira C. favorited Swirly Wire Rings 19 Jul 22:09
- Xan T. favorited Swirly Wire Rings 31 Dec 10:25
- Anna L. favorited Swirly Wire Rings 29 Dec 09:04
- Alice B. favorited Swirly Wire Rings 18 Aug 16:12
- Ryan F. favorited Swirly Wire Rings 25 Jul 21:02
- Sara B. favorited Swirly Wire Rings 25 Jul 16:07
- GiftedDiva24 added Swirly Wire Rings to Diy Jewelry 13 Mar 20:02
- Christina R. favorited Swirly Wire Rings 04 Dec 16:24
- GiftedDiva24 favorited Swirly Wire Rings 26 Nov 17:51
Making swirly pattern with wire is really easy!
Take the wire bundle and hold on one end of the wire but do not cut the wire from the bundle,
Create a small loop on that end by using the looping plier,
Start winding the wire around that loop to make a swirly pattern,
Circle wire around the loop 3-4 times or as many times as you want.
After making the first swirl and leave the wire straight (the length of your ring size + 2-3 inches extra for making the second swirl)
Cut the wire after measuring.
Make another swirl, winding it in the opposite direction of the first one.
Now, simply wrap the straight part of the wire around a mandrel with the swirls facing out
Make the first swirl similarly and leave the wire straight (the length of your ring size + keep 2-3 inches to make the second swirl).
Cut the wire from the bundle after measuring.
Now, make another swirl, winding it in the opposite direction of the first one.
Wrap the straight part of the wire around a mandrel with the swirls facing towards each other.
Cut a piece of craft wire (at least 12 inches) and fold it in half.
Tighten the fold using a flat nose plier.
Leave the bent wire straight (the length of your ring size + 2-3 inches for swirls),
The other side of the wire will have 2 ends as you've folded 1 wire into half,
Now, use the (looping) plier to make 2 swirls facing in opposite direction to each other.
When you're done making the swirls, simply bend the straight part of the wire around the mandrel.
As the rings are easily adjustable, you don't need to worry about the size of the rings.