Rice crispy treats with a salty addition
If you aren't interested in making them vegan, you can replace the margarine for butter and the ricemellow for a bag of marshmallows.
I use brown rice cereal from the brand Erewhon because it is gluten free. If you don't want them to be gluten free, regular rice crisp cereal can be used. You could also replace some of the potato chips with crushed pretzels
Vegan M&Ms are available from Vermont Nut Free Chocolates.
- SugarNSpiceLily added Sweet & Salty Rice Crispy Treats to Gluten Free 10 Feb 01:35
- Shantelle t. added Sweet & Salty Rice Crispy Treats to food!! 08 Dec 13:52
- iscrafte favorited Sweet & Salty Rice Crispy Treats 24 May 17:38
- Suzi T. favorited Sweet & Salty Rice Crispy Treats 24 May 10:32
- Rachell S. favorited Sweet & Salty Rice Crispy Treats 22 May 02:37
In a sauce pan melt the Earth Balance and Ricemellow. In a large bowl combine the cereal, potato chips, and M&Ms. Pour the melted marshmallow cream over the cereal and gently fold until combined.
Press the mixture into a 9" pan lined with parchment paper or lightly greased. Sprinkle salt on top. Allow to chill for 45 minutes to an hour until firm. Cut 3x3 for smaller treats or 2x2 if you want giant bars.