with Cilantro, Garlic, and lime
￼￼￼￼￼A green machine brings freshness to the streets.
I love the Idea of sweet potato fries.The reality of sweet potato fries is often another matter. They usually brown too quickly and taste acrid. These things, on the other hand, are brilliantly golden and sweet, thanks to Liba’s key technique, a quick roll of the sweet potatoes in rice flour.
- Kimya J. favorited Sweet Potato Fries 28 Apr 03:35
- Pimke added Sweet Potato Fries to Essen 03 Mar 14:46
- Emo Chick favorited Sweet Potato Fries 10 Jan 20:33
- iscrafte added Sweet Potato Fries to Om nom nom! 25 Dec 13:52
- stacy.ponce.5 favorited Sweet Potato Fries 10 Jul 19:59
- ck favorited Sweet Potato Fries 16 Jun 22:16
- iscrafte added Sweet Potato Fries to Inspiration 26 May 08:00
- iscrafte favorited Sweet Potato Fries 26 May 08:00
- BloodyRose favorited Sweet Potato Fries 12 Apr 15:36
- Cat Morley added Sweet Potato Fries to Recipes to try 08 Apr 10:32
Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Stack 2 or 3 slices on top of each other and cut them lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
Place the rice flour in a large shallow bowl. Working in batches, add the sweet potato strips and toss to coat. Transfer the floured sweet potatoes to a baking sheet.
Heat the oil in a deep fryer or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until a deep fry thermometer attached to the side of the pot registers 325°F. Make sure that you have at least 3 inches of space between the surface of the oil and the top of the pot, as the oil will bubble up when the sweet potatoes are added. Working in batches and being careful not to overcrowd the pot, carefully add the sweet potatoes to the hot oil and cook them until softened, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sweet potatoes to paper towels to drain. Do not discard the oil.
When ready to serve, reheat the reserved oil over high heat to 350°F. Working in batches, return the sweet potatoes to the hot oil and cook them until crisp and slightly caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes. With the slotted spoon, transfer the sweet potato fries to paper towels to drain. Toss the fries with the garlic and cilantro and season them with salt to taste. Serve the sweet potato fries with the lime wedges.