Sweet Mandarin Cookbook
Mum told me this dish would be our inheritance, the living part of our family tree, and she taught me how to make it as part of my birthright. It seemed as if schoolwork and life’s other little frustrations all seemed to evaporate as we sat down to enjoy it. Mum always used to say, ‘this dish tantalises the taste buds and the eyes’ – and she was absolutely right.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
This is a really easy dish to make for a
quick supper. Running the asparagus
under cold water keeps it bright green
- Maggs added Sweet Chilli King Prawns to Gluten Free but not Taste Free 29 Feb 21:13
- Emmy S. favorited Sweet Chilli King Prawns 09 May 18:35
- mowi m. favorited Sweet Chilli King Prawns 27 Apr 11:51
- Lily R. favorited Sweet Chilli King Prawns 05 Apr 01:13
- Kyle Books published his project Sweet Chilli King Prawns 07 Feb 11:43
Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain, refresh under cold running water and set aside.
Season the king prawns all over with a light sprinkling of salt. Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil. Put in the ginger, sliced onion, spring onion and cooked asparagus and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add the king prawns and continue to stir-fry for a further 5–7 minutes or until the prawns turn a vibrant pink colour. Pour in the sweet chilli sauce, toss well to combine and bring briefly to the boil. Serve with steamed rice.