Superman sugar cookies decorated with royal icing
I made these as birthday party favors for my son's 4th Birthday. At the time, he was fully into Superman and anything superhero!
- PixieFey added Superman Cookies to 1980's 20 May 10:13
- PixieFey added Superman Cookies to 1980's 20 May 09:15
- jemima d. favorited Superman Cookies 07 Sep 16:50
- Shantelle t. added Superman Cookies to food!! 08 Dec 06:41
- Susi S. favorited Superman Cookies 11 Nov 22:17
- Grace O. favorited Superman Cookies 25 Oct 03:44
- Don L. added Superman Cookies to Baking 24 Oct 04:11
- Zombie Babe favorited Superman Cookies 22 Oct 11:13
Make your favorite sugar cookie recipe (mine is from Peggy Porschen's book "Pretty Party Cakes") and chill for at least 30 minutes. Then roll out your dough and use a Superman cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. (My cookie cutter was handmade by my husband, but if you can't find one you can also make a paper template to cut out the cookie shapes with a knife).
Bake and let cool on a wire rack.
Make your royal icing and divide into three portions - a small portion to be colored black, a larger portion to be colored yellow, and the largest portion to be colored red. Store the colored royal icing in separate airtight containers, and always keep covered when you are not using them.
Pipe your Superman logo outline with stiff black icing. Let dry (about an hour) and then fill with runny red royal icing.