Superhero Collage Project
I really enjoyed making this super craft with the kids, they had a BAM, BOOM, BLAST too! Make a collage of several characters from the marvel and DC world. The favorites are here Batman, Spider-Man and Captain America. Each square is a 3"x3" piece of colored paper that make up the marvelous collage. Team up your favorite heroes and think basic shapes and craft punches to create this project. If you're a Cricut or cutting machine user then even better.
- Ronal C. favorited Superhero Collage 24 Mar 07:19
- Justin B. favorited Superhero Collage 27 Apr 05:52
- Robin C. favorited Superhero Collage 12 Mar 05:09
- Shain P. favorited Superhero Collage 18 Dec 09:37
- rond w. favorited Superhero Collage 17 Dec 05:52
- Kiven P. favorited Superhero Collage 14 Jan 08:15
- Miley S. favorited Superhero Collage 10 Aug 10:37
- Nicholas B. favorited Superhero Collage 24 Oct 06:33
- Nicholas B. favorited Superhero Collage 21 Oct 11:27
- jack m. favorited Superhero Collage 14 Oct 05:30
Cut out your background at 9"x6" along with some colored squares at 3"x3". Next start creating your shapes to glue onto your squares. I created Batman's head by combining simple shapes in the Cricut design space then cut him out. I found a leaf/raindrop shape to use for Spider-Man's eyes. I found a shield shape that I stretched for Wonder Woman's tiara. The "X" I created by combining a hollow circle with long rectangles. The word balloon was a free shape. Captain America's shield was made with 4 different sized circle craft punches and a star punch.
I made the Spider-Man web stamp by cutting out a web shape on a craft foam sheet using the Cricut. Then I glued it to two pieces of foam to form the stamp. Once you're ready to stamp pour some black paint into a plate and use a mini roller to apply the paint. Place the paper on top of the stamp instead of flipping the stamp over like you'd normally do.
I added 3D foam squares to the "X" to make it pop out a bit. The X-Men background was made using a free font from dafont.com, which I printed and copied on a photo copy machine, you can just print out images and make a mini collage, or use cut up old comic books. Punch a little red star for Wonder Woman's tiara and white ones for the background square. Wrap the tiara around the square and glue to the back.
Lastly I used uppercase letter stamps to add the "BAM" to the exploding word balloon and assembled my entire project